Yoga Pose of the Week- Reclining Spinal Twist
Here's a simple and relaxing pose that calms the mind and nervous system, balances the energy throughout your body and can also relieve headaches and cleanse your digestive organs.
1) Lie on your back
2) Bend both knees with feet flat on floor
3) Allow knees to fall gently to one side
4) Open arms with palms facing up or down
5) Turn head opposite direction of knees
6) Hold for at least 3-5 breaths
7) Repeat on other side
Try this pose before bed to help relax you or during the day when you need to reduce feelings of stress.
Tania Manczarek is a certified yoga instructor, trained therapist, intuitive energy worker and massage therapist. She uses a holistic approach in her practice to heal the mind, body and spirit and offers individual services by phone/Skype and wellness retreats in France and abroad. Find out more about her and her practice here.